- Getting dressed to go out and you come down the stairs wearing
your clothes but your underwear and bra are on the outside.
- Going to a restaurant and asking questions about what you do with
a fork, knife, and spoon, only to have your family laugh because
they think it's a joke...only it's not.
- Driving roads you have known for years but you take a wrong turn
and end up in a different town; when you finally get home; you
are literally trembling with fear.
- Never wanting your spouse to be out of your sight; so you follow
them around like a puppy.
- Asking a question, and then asking the same question five minutes
later then asking it again, and again, and again.
- Coming downstairs and finding a stranger in the house; you ask
who this person is and why he is there...it turns out this person
is your son.
- Speaking gentle words to a little kitten on the table that no one
else seems to see.
- Wanting to go home after you have been on a trip, only to find
out you are already home...but you don't believe it.
- Thinking you are going to work as your spouse packs your lunch,
hands you your briefcase, and then drives you to daycare.
- Walking out the door in the middle of the night and getting lost;
and having to have the Police come and find you.
- Loving to play with toys meant for a toddler even though you are
a man who built his own home.
- Staying up late every night packing and repacking the same towels
in the same drawer in your bedroom.
- Talking and talking except no one understands you; all they can
hear is gibberish.
- Recalling the good old days as you sit and look at
photographs...but you think the person sitting next to you is
your mother... and not your wife.
© 1998-2018 TheRibbon.com - Care for Caregivers
Contact Us | Legal Notice